Monday, March 26, 2007

Off We Go, Suddenly

We had planned a short excursion starting Tuesday to Santa Cruz and the Pinnacles, however, plans change.

I received a call from my nephew John yesterday that my sister isn't well so we're on our way to Cheyenne, Wyoming to see her instead. Dawn doesn't get to go so her vacation will have to wait until we return. The weather looks good except for a little storm tomorrow morning as we depart. I hope it's just a little storm and the wind isn't too bad. East of Reno should be no problem.

Since we're so far out, after our visit, we'll do some exploration on our return trip. Luckily, everything I undid rebuilding the arbor is now restored, I hope. If not, there will be a little dead lawn and plants on our return.

It is nice to have the freedom to travel on the spur of the moment and to be able to change plans even faster.

We left Palo Alto about 9:30, just in time to miss most of the morning traffic. Also, that's when we were finally ready to roll. The weather was cooperative over the mountains to Reno. It evidently started snowing just after we were across and snowed about a foot causing a chain requirement. Glad we made it through before that. We stopped at Boomtown for a late lunch about 2:30. While there I received a call that my sister had passed away. Services are now Saturday so the rush is reduced. When we came out the wind was really blowing. It wasn't too bad though as we headed East finally stopping for the night at WalMarts in Winemucca, Nevada. We took our usual walk inside and did a little shopping and when we returned outside we found that there had been a little snow storm. Most of it melted off the ground but the windows were still caked a little.

I tried to use the Motosat to check the weather and get email but it would not rotate. I figured it was just iced up and gave up on it for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment