Saturday, July 17, 2010

Big Basin Redwoods Park

Saturday: (07/17) French toast for breakfast. I tinkered in the shop most of the morning cleaning up all the stuff that builds up from projects. It's all back in it's place now so I can start on some new piles. Lunch was the last of the pizza for me and leftover chicken for Lou and Dawn.

Lou And Dawn At Big Basin Redwoods State Park Dawn And Lou At Big Basin Redwoods State Park
After lunch we drove up and over the hill to Big Basin Redwood s State Park. Dawn wanted to go to a storytelling campfire there but alas, it's not until next weekend. We enjoyed a walk in the redwoods and returned via Boulder Creek where we stopped for dinner at the Boulder Creek Brewing Company. Dawn had a ham, apple and cheese sandwich, Lou had St Louis ribs and I had a pork chop. Everything was excellent and my corn chowder soup was outstanding. Dawn enjoyed some of their oatmeal stout beer which was good too. During dinner we enjoyed two Irish/Bluegrass music groups playing. A third group was starting as we left. For some reason Dawn knows all the words and titles of the tunes they played. I enjoyed the drive to and from the park on all the windy roads but I don't think Lou and Dawn find them so thrilling. It looks like we'll be returning next weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment