Monday, July 12, 2010

We're On The Air, Again

Monday: (07/12) This web site was down since last Thursday due to a lack of communications. My hosting fee was due after two years of good service. They said they sent emails about renewing but I didn't receive them. The reason is the email address they had was no longer good. Most of my email accounts are on my server so I didn't use them since if there was a problem with the server, I'd have no email. I used my netZero account. The problem is that account was closed when they stopped doing Internet phone service so the emails to me bounced. The bounced email was my fault but their failure to contact me when they had my street address and could look up the contact information for any of the hosted domains seems like a failure of customer service to me. The problem was agrvated by their office hours. I noticed the outage of the website in two ways thursday. First, very little email, most goes through their server. Second, all hosted websites were gone. So I immediately sent a service request saying the websites were down and requesting they check them. They responded back by email, on one I still received, and pointed out the lack of payment. I didn't check my email again until late Friday afternoon. Too late. I sent in payment but their accounting office was closed for the weekend so the site was down all weekend. A minor problem aggravated by poor customer service. French toast for breakfast. If I weren't happy with their hosting I could get even more upset. This is the new way of doing business, I guess. So, for what it's worth, this website is back online. A couple of egg tarts for lunch. I spent most of the day handling an old procrastinated item, our taxes. Our extension runs out in a couple of days so it was time to get to work. Dinner was leftover pizza.

Tuesday: (07/13) Don McMuffin's for breakfast. I finished the taxes today. Someday, maybe, I'll get them ready before April 15th. Lunch was the last of the leftover pizza. It's Ernie's birthday today so we all went out to dinner at Harry's Hofbrau in Redwood City.

Wednesday: (07/14) Cereal for breakfast. My morning project was to mail the tax return and pickup the new dishwasher for the rental. I'll install it tomorrow. Lunch was pepper soup. Lou and i dropped Dawn off at the train and headed to my doctors appointment. All's well. We had an early dinner at the Hometown Buffet.

Thursday: (07/15) We're off to San Jose today. Pizza for breakfast, lunch and dinner. A simple day. The dishwasher swap in San Jose went well. Lou worked on pouring some dolls this evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment