Thursday, September 16, 2010

Another Day In Paradise

Thursday: (09/16) Or at least a nice day. Lou dropped me off at the Caltrain station and I caught the 7:30 train. It only takes an hour to get up to San Francisco. I then caught a Muni light rail train down throught the Bayview area to Sunny Dale near the Cow Palace, an old fairgrounds on the South End of San Francisco. I got a couple of donuts there at the Happy Donut for breakfast. I then explored the area including John McClarren Park and finally came to the Lower Mission business district. I got a burrito for lunch there at the Taqueria Renia's at Mission and Mt Vernon Sts.

San Francisco's Filbert St Gardens San Francisco's Filbert St Gardens
I then walked up Mission Street to downtown, then out to the bay on market Street, then along the Embarcardero to Filbert Street. There is a nice stairway up the hill where Filbert Street would be if it could go up such a steep hill. There are wonderful gardens all the way up to Coit Tower at the top of Telegraph Hill.

San Francisco's Filbert St Gardens San Francisco's Filbert St Gardens
More flowers in the gardens on Filbert Street.

San Francisco's Filbert St Parrots San Francisco's Filbert St Parrots
I enjoyed watching the green parrot flock that lives there. They like the gardens too. The parrots were roosting on a wire above the Filbert Street gardens.

I went up to Coit Tower to try to get a view out over the bay but ended up in the clouds so no views. I came down the hill into North Beach and through China Town. I got a couple of egg tarts on my way. I then returned to Market Street and caught an antique street car that runs along Market Street. They have been reconditioned and are actually better then the new ones. IN the Castro district where it turns around i waited for a different trolley then rode it out toward the other end getting off at Pier 39. I then walked up Stockton Street returning to North Beach at Washington Square and got a piece of the wonderful pizza and a beer at the Golden Boy Pizza shop. I then called it quits and caught the #30 bus back to the train station. I caught the 7:30 train back to Palo Alto. Nice walk-about. I think I've now covered a good portion of the City of San Francisco.

Lou was busy taking the toad in to the shop for repairs and getting it back. The radiator had a leak and was replaced. The heater fan was looked at and it requires replacement but would cost $1000 to replace. Seems high for a fan motor but it is an old car. Needless to say we'll get by without it for a while and someday i may do it myself. It may be a good time for a newer car? Lou and Dawn went out to Marie Calendar's for dinner. Some kind of deal on new ypork steaks. They brought half of it home.

No comments:

Post a Comment