Friday, July 13, 2012

My Achng Back

Thursday: (07/12) Lou baked an omelet for breakfast. Ernie and I finished about a third of the concrete edge for the green house/patio area. Chinese chicken salads for lunch. Leftovers for dinner. I had pizza.

Friday: (07/13) Brother Ernie's birthday today. We had green smoothies for breakfast. Eventually we got started pouring some more of the edge concrete that keeps the baserock in place but my back gave out after the first pour and Ernie had to come out of his planned day of general relaxation and bring the project to a better stopping point. Lou made more Chinese chicken salads for lunch. Since I was off duty for the day (week) I relaxed in the afternoon (napped). For dinner we all went to Marie Calendar's. Courtney joined us. Prime rib specials.

Saturday: (07/14) Leftover ham omelet with some of Dawn's bread toasted for breakfast. My back is still off duty so i got a late start. By the time i made it outside Ernie had already gotten the materials and tools for finishing the pouring of the concrete edge. I watched as he finished up the edge. Wieners with steamed vegetables for lunch. I tinkered with the computer the rest of the day. BBQ ribs with oven baked French fries and corn on the cob for dinner.

Sunday: (07/15) Oatmeal with yogurt and diced fresh fruit for breakfast. Ernie stripped the forms today. Lunch at Chili's. We all had their soup and salad lunches. After lunch Lou, Dawn and I went shopping. The primary stop was at the Big Lots store in Redwood City. The had a 20% off sale today and I'm out of energy drinks. Fortunately they finally had some of my favorite Rumba energy drinks so i bought all they had. It's a discontinued drink made by Monster/Hansen and is the best I've found. Getting them at Big Lots where they cost about 25% of anyplace else is a bonus. Beef pot pie for dinner with banana peanut butter freezes. 

Monday: (07/16) Green slim for breakfast and green salad for lunch. For dinner Danw had prepared some excellent baked potato onion soup. I continued in relaxation mode and tinkered at the computer all day.

Tuesday: (07/17) Lou went all out for breakfast and cooked eggs, bacon and hashbrowns. I had a dentist appointment at 1pm but didn't need lunch. I got my new crown today but needed some additional grinding so had to be numbed up again. With my shiny new tooth in place I was off. I stopped by the Santa Clara Big Lots to see if they had any of my energy drinks and they did so I got a few more cases. Shouldn't need any more for another year, or two. Then I stopped by Best Buy and picked up Dawn's repaired cell phone. They replaced it under the warranty. It had been in a loop continually rebooting. Now I can get mine back from Dawn. I stopped by and got a couple of egg rolls for a late lunch. Then, feeling optimistic, I stopped at Walmart's and bought a couple of more pairs of shorts. That should eliminate any possibility of a hot spell anywhere we go. For dinner we had spaghetti squash with a white shrimp sauce served with asparagus, tomato and green peppers. My back is feeling well enough for me to be getting around fairly well and to possibly get into trouble by thinking it's OK now. It needs a week or so more before I should use it. So more fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment