Saturday, August 25, 2012

A Real Drain

Saturday: (08/25) I spent much of the day outside tinkering. I cut down the second shelf unit for the green house and welding the pieces together as two shorter shelves of tables. Lou and Dawn were busy with garage sales. 

Part of the new phone battery conditioning procedure is to charge it for 12 hours, done last night. Then full discharge it and repeat for 4-5 times. This is supposed to make it have the best capacity. So today, when the 12 hours was up, I turned on all the radios on the phone (bluetooth, mobile, GPS, WiFi) and ran them all day. I also used it to browse the internet, watch videos and listen to Internet radio most of the day. I started it just about 1145 today and it is now nearly 9pm and it still has 22% indicated on the battery charge meter. I'm not sure I can kill it in one day. How nice!.

Lou made home fried potatoes with peppers and onions with smoked pork chops and eggs. Leftover pad Thai and chow fun noodles for lunch. Hamburgers for dinner.

Sunday: (08/26) Lou and I spent the morning weeding the garden. I did a few more grass plugs in the bare spots which I got from the lawn area to be dug out. That's it for the plugging. In the afternoon I made a hardware store trip to get drip sprinkler parts. I had checked for some parts at our local Home Depot and Orchard hardware stores before. Even checked at the same stores in Redwood City. Today I went South to the same stores as well as a Lowe's in Sunnyvale and a True Value store in Mountain View. Finally found the valves and fittings I needed at the last stop, a Home Depot. Wouldn't it be nice if the others were properly stocked. Oatmeal and bananas for breakfast. Tuna stuffed tomatoes from the garden for lunch. Our tomatoes are really good this year. Roast chicken, French fries and corn on the cob for dinner. 



No comments:

Post a Comment