Sunday, August 12, 2012

Wilder's Wilder Trails

Sunday: (08/12) I was off for a hike near Santa Cruz at Wilder Ranch State Park. It's a state park and I've never visited before. A local hike group, the Take A Hike Meetup Group, setup the hike. I haven't hiked with them before but it sounded like fun. About a 10 mile hike overlooking Monterey Bay.

I stopped by Jack In The Box for breakfast, a waffle egg and sausage sandwich. The hike started at 9am and I arrived about 20 minutes early.

Wilder Ranch SP Hike Wilder Ranch SP Hike
The hike was over some of the lesser used trails in the park making a long loop around much of the park. The terrain is mostly grassy hills with treed ravines. There was some redwood forest as well. About 1:15 we got back to our starting point , the Visitor Center, and we were surprised that there was a bunch of activity there. Evidently one Sunday a month they have docents and open the old ranch house and facilities. I even enjoyed a homemade ice cream cone there. I returned via Highway 9  through Felton and stopped in Boulder Creek for lunch at a brewery restaurant for a hamburger and fries, no brew though. I returned via Skyline and then Pagemill Roads. I managed to use up much of the day arriving home about 4:30.

Lou and Dawn were busy with a craft swap meet and Dawn worked at the Library book sale. They had dinner at the Whole Foods Market before coming home so I had a chilli size for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment