Friday, September 28, 2012

Monte Bello Ridge To Black Mountain Hike

Friday: (09/28) Corned beef hash and eggs for breakfast. I was off early for another hike.
Rancho San Antonio Park Hike 134885047
This was a six mile hike in the Monte Bello Ridge Open Space about 7 miles up the hill above Palo Alto. I was the organizer of this hike for the San Jose Mid-Week Hikers group. Here is a link to the GPS track of the hike. It was 6.2 miles and took 3 hours 20 minutes. It was overcast as I left home and foggy going up the hill but was clear and sunny up where the hike started.

Monte Bello Ridge OSP Monte Bello Ridge OSP
The view wasn't too good though because the clouds covered the whole Santa Clara Valley below. We had seven hikers and I didn't loose any. The only difference in the two photos above is that I am in one and not the other having swapped places with the photographers assistant. Which is the better photo? (Left photo: Michie, Donna, Bob, Ava, and Loretta, Right Photo: the same with Don swapped with Donna)

Monte Bello Ridge OSP 134886006
Above is a tree stump that somehow looked like a flower to me so I took a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment