Friday, December 7, 2012

Stanford Campus and Dish Hill Loop Hike

Friday: (12/07) Lou made biscuits and gravy for breakfast. I met my hiking group over at Stanford Mall and guided the 10 hikers for a tour around the campus and up the Dish Hill and managed to return with all the hikers I left with. This hike was supposedly the same as I hiked last week but this hike was a mile longer being 9.5 miles. Here is the GPS track link.

Stanford Stone River Stanford University Cactus Garden Flower Stanford Walkway Leaf Prints
This Stone River (above left) was built with stones from the rubble of Stanford buildings after the 1906 and 1989 earthquakes. I liked the leaf prints on the walkway. (right)

For lunch we had egg nog milk shakes from Jack In The Box. i added a cheese burger to my lunch. Dinner at IKEA. We had the Swedish Julbord buffet which was pretty good, their Christmas dinner special. Unlike their normal cafeteria, the dining room was closed to all but those that pre-bought the Christmas buffet.

No comments:

Post a Comment