Saturday, February 9, 2013

White Dome To Adlatl CG Via Rainbow Vista

Saturday: (02/09) The wind was gone but it was cloudy and we had a few sprinkles this morning. I planned to take my hike from White Dome back to camp with Lou dropping me off there but we had to wait for the clouds to clear a little. I worked on adding photos to several recent posts.

White Dome To Atlatl CG


EveryTrail - Find the best Hiking near Las Vegas, Nevada

About 10:30 Lou dropped me off at White Dome. I wanted to hike from White Dome back to camp so I took the Prospector Trail from the bottom of the White Dome Trail just North of the slot. Unfortunately I followed the trail ducks rather than where I knew I should go and ended up on the wrong side of the rocks going to Rainbow Vista instead of by the Pinnacles. Next time I'll stay right of the cliffs. I decided to continue on because it's still areas I haven't seem before. Judging by the footprints on most of the trail (none) I assume not too many hikers go on this trail. I lost the trail markers before arriving at the Rainbow Vista parking area. I then walked on the road down toward the Visitor Center but cut across the valley floor once I emerged from the rocks. I then followed the path they made when they buried the utilities most of the way back to camp.Nice hike. My lunch was an English muffin with cheese and a beef stick. Lou had beef log, cheese and crackers. After dropping me off Lou stopped at the Visitor Center and listened to a couple of ranger talks. Lou made hamburger steaks with grilled onions, baked potatoes and spinach for dinner. While we had broken clouds all day and they were dark gray, we never had any more rain. In the evening we listened to the A Prairie Home Companion radio show with Garrison Keillor via the Internet..

No comments:

Post a Comment