Sunday, March 17, 2013

Romero Pools Hike

Sunday: (03/17) We awoke early so that we could drive from the Casio Del Sol to Catalina State park so I could go on an early hike. The trailhead is quite busy and the parking area holds a couple of hundered cars but I was still concerned about taking extra space to park the RV. We won't be able to check in to our campsite  until after the hike. I wasn't so concerned as to miss the hike though. We had eleven hikers for the hike from the Tucson Hiking Meetup Group

Romero Pools, Catalina State Park, Arizona


EveryTrail - Find the best hikes in California and beyond

Catalina SP Romero Canyon Trail Catalina SP Romero Canyon Trail
We started our hike by fording a stream. The flowered are starting to really come out now.

Catalina SP Romero Pools Catalina SP Romero Pools
I was surprised by how much water there was at these pools.

Catalina SP Romero Pools
While I was on the hike, Lou cut her hair, showered, and took a short walk along the creek. After the hike we checked in to our campsite and i took my shower. Then we were off to the Golden Corral Buffet for our late corned beef and cabbage lunch for Saint Patricks Day. We spent most of the rest of the afternoon shopping. Lou visted a thrift store and I the Harbor Freight Tools store. We enjoyed root beer floats for our dinner.
(GPS: 32.427592, -110.916667)

No comments:

Post a Comment