Thursday, July 31, 2014

Amtrak To Vancouver, Wa

Thursday: (07/31) Not a good sleep on the train, mostly because it's too interesting. I awoke at 0530 when it was light outside. I went to the parlor car at 0600 and had breakfast at 0630 as soon as the dining car opened. A nice breakfast of scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage, croissant, OJ, and tea for $11. Not bad. At Klamath Falls at 0800.
Oregon seen from the train was nice and green. I checked the Amtrak app near Eugene and it said we would arrive in Vancouver on time. A nice lunch in the dinning car, a chicken breast on mashed spuds. We did arrive in Vancouver on time at 1633. I walked to a bus stop and caught the first of two busses arriving at Fisher's Landing just three minutes late for my bus to Cascade Locks, the only bus today. Trees were several reasons good enough to miss the bus. There was only 20 minutes slack between train arrival and bus travel time. I had trouble finding the bus stop, it wasn't near the station. No street signs. And at the advise of my first driver, I changed my second bus. It was a longer ride and was supposed to be faster. The second bus was 5 minutes late, and the Skakamia bus was on schedule. I tried to find a motel but none had rooms or were close enough for me to catch the 0700 bus tomorrow. I had dinner at Sharie's restaurant, CFS, baked potato an soup Nice to use the Senior menu. I cowboy camped in a gully at the bus transfer station. I enjoyed a nice sunset created by a cloud to the SE. It got company during the night turning the weather from warm and mostly clear sky to overcast, cool, and some sprinkles. I awoke at 0500 and had breakfast at IHOP the closest restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment