Wednesday, August 6, 2014

PCT Hike, MM 2216 - 2236, Meadow Campsite

Wednesday: (08/06) Up early, on trail 0720. Lots of lakes passed today. I disturbed a heard of elk above the trail. Good thing it's not rutting season so I wasn't chased. This was the first wildlife seen except for a chipmunk? Then I saw a couple of frogs. At lunch, a flock of tiny birds the size of hummingbirds but round like a cotton ball with wings joined me buzzing around my head in the bush next to me totally unconcerned with my presence. Nice that there is actually wildlife. Made 19.7 miles today but I'm calling it a20 mile day. I didn't want to pass the campsite by a meadow MM 2236. After I was settled for the night I saw a light moving outside another camper. I met. Swept Away a southbound girl in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment