Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Cool Walk On A Hot Day, Tarwater Loop

Tuesday: (09/27) Breakfast from L&L Hawaiian, my usual sausage egg and cheese English muffin and a maple bar. I took the little car and headed up the mountain to the trailhead meeting location. This is my first adventure out in the car and I was halfway there at Hwy 280 and Page Mill Road when I noticed the gas tank was empty with the warning light on. 3.5 miles back to the nearest gas station, 7 miles up the mountain to the trailhead. Since I was leading this hike I had to continue up to be on time and did. I met my fellow hikers and we carpooled the last 7 miles to the actual trailhead for the hike. Even though it was 80 degrees to start and 91 degrees on our return, it never seemed hot and I didn’t even work up a sweat like I usually do? I had 12 fellow hikers for this hike and all made it back with me. None lost. I was able to make it all the way back to El Camino Real before the gas gauge started flashing telling me it really needed some gas. It has a 10-gallon tank and took 9.999 gallons. at the station. I prepared lunch and threw my clothes in the washing machine and enjoyed the rest of the afternoon outside. The thermometer in front of Ernie’s trailer indicated 120+ degrees but again probably a lie. When the sun wasn’t shining directly on it read only 85 degrees at 1530. I had a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch. Lou and Dawn went to The Corner Bakery for a salad for lunch. Otherwise, they were cleaning house today. BBQ ribs with asparagus for dinner.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment