Sunday, August 6, 2017

PCT Hike Delayed Again Due To Fires


Sunday: (08/06) Breakfast in the back yard. Lou insisted on my trimming some oak tree limbs from over the house. I did and Lou and Dawn got busy putting it  in the compost bin.  I continued to finalize my pack loading. One item not located was my pair of sun gloves so off to REI again. I did some more studying online. The reports of the fires on and near the trail were concerning. In fact today the park service closed all the trails in Crater Lake NP due to the two fires there. I had planned on hiking from Ashland into Crater Lake then jumping around the fire. That fire caused an evacuation notice to go out this evening. I was all dressed and having dinner just before heading off to the trail when I decided to cancel the trip until this Friday. By then maybe i can have a plan that gives me some miles. I finally found a map of the trail with the fires on it. I thought there was only two areas affected by the four fires. Not so. There are three areas. Planning this hike will be difficult. It’s not just the fires but the smoke. Lou made a Denver omelet for breakfast. LUU Noodle House for lunch. Lou’s BBQ ribs with baked potato and tomatoes from the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment