Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Murietta Falls Hike

Tuesday: (04/03) Up early and off for a hike. I stopped at Happy Donut for an egg cheese and bacon English muffin. I then met Alex and Betty at Kathryn’s house for our carpool to Lake Del Valle in Livermore. Our hike was up to Murietta Falls. It’s a 12.5 mile round trip with a good climb (3300 feet plus) up the mountain. I had trouble doing the climb and was slowing the group down so I dropped out at 4 miles, continued by myself on to 5 miles then headed back to our start. It turned out to be about right giving me a nice 10 mile hike and letting me arrive back just 30 minutes before they all returned. We relaxed a while enjoying some cold drinks then headed home. Traffic wasn’t great but we were home before 1900. I had a ham and cheese sandwich and Dawn had fettuccine for dinner.




No comments:

Post a Comment