Saturday, October 13, 2018

Silicon Valley Code Camp 2018

Saturday: (10/13) The first day of Silicon Valley Code Camp 2018. I stopped to pickup a breakfast burrito on my way to the PayPal campus in San Jose. I found some interesting presentations to attend but had difficulty staying awake. Oddly, the last presentation was on Strategy, an unusual topic, and it was very interesting and I was wide awake. Made the drive home safer as well. Other topics i attended were about training the Google Assistant for special purposes, Javascript, coding interviews tips, Oauth2, and Chatbots. An interesting thing occurred. Evidently they were supposed to order pizza for 375 people but ended up with 375 pizzas. They were giving the multitude of extra pizzas away so I came home with one even thought I had opted for a sandwich for my lunch earlier. More tomorrow. Dinner was baked cauliflower with chicken and mashed potatoes and gravy.
 

Sunday: (10/14) Breakfast from Happy Donut, a sausage, egg, and cheese English muffin. I returned to the PayPal Campus for the second day of the Silicon Valley Code Camp. I’ve attended many of these annual events since they started in 2005. Today’s presentations were on MongoDB, Web Scraping with Python, The Location Of Things From A-XYZ, and Exploring Google API’s With Javascript and Python. Again, the best was the last one for the day on Google API’s. Leftover pizza for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment