Monday, September 2, 2019

Catching Up While Doing Little

Monday: (09/02) I relaxed all day. I only have a 20# lifting limit but it’s too easy to abuse that limit doing anything. Granola with a banana for breakfast. Chicken artichoke rice for lunch. Bean soup for dinner.

Tuesday: (09/03) I relaxed all day catching up with mail. I also signed up for a weekend campout with my hiking group after posting the event for the host. Since I’m home early, I signed up for the Silicon Valley Code Camp which i would have missed if we returned in october. Granola with a banana for breakfast. Tomato and hummus toast for lunch. Dawn made a fish stew for dinner.

Wednesday: (09/04) I relaxed much of the day but did get out to the locksmith to order some new key fobs for the jeep and to schedule a smog test for the RV. The RV hasn’t had valid tags since April. Interestingly, I received a bill from Massachusetts DOT for a toll road fee. The invoice was only for the Jeep license plate. Have to wonder if it was cheaper thinking it was one vehicle or if they would have been interested in the out of date tags on the RV? Still going through the unimportant mail collected while we were gone. I also attended my webinar today. Lou made chicken chorizo hash for breakfast. Leftover bean soup for lunch with a toast. Sauerkraut potatoes and chicken for dinner.

Thursday: (09/05) Granola and banana for breakfast. I took the RV in to be smogged. It’s the first time I’ve done it with this RV but not it’s first check. It didn’t go well. It turns out a special tool is needed to remove the engine compartment cover and we couldn’t find the OBD2 connecter either. I brought it home without the test and spent the rest of the day trying to find the tool and connector.
 It took a while but I think I found a tool (7mm triangle driver) on Amazon. I ordered it but it will take a couple of days to arrive. More online exploration and I found out a 7mm hex socket will work. It doesn’t work perfectly but did open the cover. More breaking my back trying to see under the dash and eventually I found the connector about 1900. It is located behind the speedometer way up behind the dash and way down from the top access panel. Just to make it ideal, it also faces forward so there is little clearance to install the connector, but it can be done. I ordered a short extender cable to make accessing it easier in the future. Now to reschedule to smog test. Lou, Dane and I had lunch at LUU Noodle House. We had some chicken stew for dinner.


Friday: (09/06) Granola and banana. We were off to an appointment today. Lunch at Applebees. Leftovers for dinner.

Saturday: (09/07) Waffles and peanut butter for breakfast. 
 
Dawn and I visited the Mountain View Wine And Art Festival. Always interesting art there. I installed the OBD2 extension cable and OBD2 dongle in the RV and tried out the Torque Pro app. The connector works great so maybe the smog test can be done now. Tomato and hummus on toast for lunch. Salmon and shrimp with zucchini and green beans for dinner.

Sunday: (09/08) Breakfast at A Good Morning Restaurant. I located a new wheelchair / scooter for Lou and ordered it. I was released to normal duty today. I pulled weeds and trimmed some plants in the greenhouse. That was after a long afternoon nap. Salads for dinner. Lou and Dawn prepared some of the Asian pears today and we had some for desert. 
While on a walk we noticed this rubber driveway ramp which we will be getting.

Monday: (09/09)Granola and banana for breakfast. I had my post cardiac event visit my doctor and also my annual checkup. All good. I have some lab work to do and i got a new shingles shot as well. Veggie sausage, broccoli and cauliflower with garlic mashed potatoes for dinner. I did some minor tasks today. I replaced the cooler float valve, adjust the side gate latch so it engages.

Tuesday: (09/10) I had to fast so I was off early to get my lab work done at Kaiser in Mountain View. I returned home and had some breakfast then took the motorhome to bet a smog test at A1 Foreign Auto. I like them because they are a gold station and can fix it if needed to pass the test. I also learned that our's is one of only three motorhomes that they test for long time customers. They say no to everyone else. Lou made peach blintzes for brunch. We had leftover sauerkraut potatoes and chicken for dinner. I spent the rest of the day washing the RV, Jeep and Hyundai. Quite a project. For Lou and Dawn, it was laundry day.




No comments:

Post a Comment