Sunday, May 24, 2020

Patio Developing

Sunday: (05/24) Granola and a banana for breakfast. I hooked up the new faucet in the backyard. Then I backfilled the hole it was in. The trench for the gray water drain extension is complete. Leftover corned beef hash and eggs for lunch. After lunch we took a drive and tried to get to Half Moon Bay but the traffic on Highway 92 was backed up. After a ½ hour in the slow moving traffic we made it to the first point we could make a U-turn and return toward home. Back home it was nice relaxing in the shade in the backyard. We had a really hot day today, which was about 88 degrees. Clam chowder and roasted tomatoes for dinner.
 

Monday: (05/25) A short walk around the neighborhood in the morning. In the afternoon I installed the forms for the new patio. Granola and banana for breakfast. Chopped salads from our nearby Corner Bakery Cafe. Chicken pot pie with broccoli slaw for dinner. 


Tuesday: (05/26) Granola and banana for breakfast, again. I got outside and moved some base rock into the patio hole. I needed to raise the hole to the bottom of my forms and I also added most of what will be needed to fill the hole and pout the edges. Unfortunately, there is a lot more still left in the front yard. I also installed the rebar for the edges. Lunch was a turkey pastrami and cheese sandwich. When I had finished everything but actually mixing and pouring the edge concrete, I took a well deserved shower. This hot weather makes for a ripe old man. I had started the AC in the RV earlier to cool it down before my arrival for an afternoon rest. We got dinner from El Grullense Taqueria down the street. 
 

 

Wednesday: (05/27) Granola and banana for breakfast. Another hot day today. I deferred the pouring of the concrete because of the heat and because the yard man comes today, or usually does. It turns out he didn’t today so he’ll be here tomorrow. Anyway, it will be 10 degrees cooler tomorrow. I worked in the yard repotting and moving planters and weeding. I moved several of the trees we have in large planters to the front yard. Lou has been complaining they don’t get enough sun so now they will. She also wanted one out of the way of her view of the yard from the back room. We also moved some things from the tent to dispose of for our semi-annual yard pickup garbage day. Leftover nachos for lunch. Lou’s Iranian chicken salad for dinner.

I had a virtual doctors appointment with my new doctor. Kaiser called this morning to setup the time. 
 

 

Thursday: (05/28) Today was our semi annual yard cleanup day. Our garbage collection company was in front of our house right around 0700 and took all of our extra pickup items except for the metal. By 0900 everything was gone including the regular pickup. I set up the mixer to pour concrete and was ready to mix well before 0800 when I could start to make noise. I had to enjoy some ta and wait. I was finished pouring and cleaning up my work area by 0930. I enjoyed an early shower. Around noon I headed off to return items to Ace and Lowe’s. I also picked up a few things for the drip system to the front trees. I also reworked the piping for the sprinkler valve to the plans by the house. It is a single faucet mounted Wifi B-Hyve controller. Leftover chicken and an apple for breakfast. Lunch from Lucky Chinese Bistro Cafe.. For dinner, a nice super burrito from Super Taqueria.


No comments:

Post a Comment