Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Got A Look At The Ekko

Wednesday: (08/04) Granola and diced apple for breakfast. I attended my usual Alphasoftware webinar this morning. After a quick sandwich I went to Kaiser for my annual checkup. Nice quick in and out. Back home I opted to continue my relaxing day. Lou and Dawn made Shepherd’s pie for dinner.

Thursday: (08/05) We went grocery shopping first thing stopping at Smart and Final and Nob hill markets. Back home I prepared a ham egg and cheese breakfast sandwich. I worked all day on rototilling and mixing compost with the screened dirt. I made three trips to pickup 18ea 5 gallon buckets of compost from the city compost pile. I need to make one more compost run to complete the treatment then add some steer manure and cap with wood chips. No lunch. I put pork chops , potatoes and sauerkraut into the slow cooker for our nice dinner.

Friday: (08/06) Granola and banana for breakfast. I made a run to get a load of compost from the city pile. I mixed it into the new front garden spot. I was about half a load short of having a good soil mix so I made another trip for a half load and added it and mixed it in. Then off to lunch at Los Altos Taqueria for lunch on my way to Lowe’s. I got 10 bags of steer manure and back home, added that to the soil. After a good final mixing then some cleanup I called it garden spot. I put away all my tools and enjoyed a good shower. Time to relax. Leftover Shepherd’s pie for dinner.

Saturday: (08/07) I made corned beef hash and eggs for breakfast this morning. I drilled a path under this sidewalk by the garden and installed a couple of pipes, one for a faucet and another for a drip circuit. I finished the pipe but not the end connections, It required two trips to the hardware store. I also picked up two artichoke plants from Summerwinds nursery. I had a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch. Leftover pork and sauerkraut with potatoes for dinner.

Sunday: (08/08) Lou fried some eggs and added leftover corned beef hash for breakfast. I almost completed the pipes for the faucet for the new garden, It turns out the water pipe is dry so I need to hook up the pipe near the main valve for the house and be sure it is capped at the side of the house where it should have been hooked to the back yard. I put it in before I put in the sidewalks and intended to take the water to the backyard directly and not through the house piping. Evidently i never got to completing that project. I also picked up four more artichoke plants and planted them in addition to the two from yesterday. I still need to add some wood chips and complete those pipes for the faucet. A nice tuna salad for lunch and leftover pork and sauerkraut with potatoes for dinner. I got a call from the Rec Van salesman after lunch. He said they had a Winnebago Ekko camper in so we all went to see it and their other campers in the late afternoon. The Ekko has been delayed for nearly a year so It’s nice to see one. Unfortunately it is too big for our (my) needs. Looking over all their other models just confirms that I need to build what I want to be satisfied.

Monday: (08/09) I had a morning dental cleaning appointment. Before heading home I stopped by Lowe’s for some pipe fittings, then Kaiser to have a urine test done, then lunch from China Wok eaten at a Sunnyvale park under a huge shade tree, then home. At home I added a pipe fitting to re-hookup the drip sprinklers that I extended to the garden. I also did some digging and filling in preparation to install concrete where we had brick tile that grew nothing but weeds. I also located the source end of the water line I need to hookup. Granola and banana for breakfast. Lunch from the China Wok. Lou’s BBQ ribs, mashed potatoes and corn on the cob from our garden for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment