Wednesday, February 1, 2006

Left Q

I finally left Quartzsite.
I stopped by "My Brother's Place', for a breakfast burrito. It was goood!.
After breakfast I walked by La Mesa RV. Looked inside some of the RV's. In one I stepped into was the entire sales staff. That could be a mistake so I exited quickly. I then spotted a very nice RV, cause it looks like mine. It's a brand new model from National RV, the Surf Side. It's not even on their website and this may be the first one. The sales meeting was actually introducing it to the salesmen. It's the same size of slightly shorter than my Sea Breeze. In it's 29 feet there is a lot more room due to the two slides. The layout is really efficient. Usable interior and good storage. This coach has many higher end features like Fiberglas roof, swinging storage bay doors. The guy from the factory said they are trying to position it as a low cost high quality RV, many of the features of the Tropical in a much shorter RV with a shorter price as well. Currently in the low $90k's. One of the reasons we like our RV is that it's small. This Surf Side is small as well but expands when you get there with the roomy slides. Very tempting. Nahhh!
Went out to Rainbow Acres to look around. This is a nice own your own RV lot community a couple of miles SW of Quartzsite.
Then I finally was actually on the road toward Parker. I headed West to Ehrenberg then up through the Colorado River Indian Tribes land (East side of the River) to parker. I stopped in Parker to get groceries, do my laundry, get gas and get drinking water refills.
La Paz County Park La Paz County Park
La Paz County Park La Paz County Park
I then headed on up to the La Paz County Park North of town a few miles. Nice place. I arrived late in the day so there were only dry camp spots available. Just what i wanted anyway. My dry camp spot is $11 but I'll take advantage of the dump in the morning and be all fresh for the road again. They do have elctric and water spots as well as full hookup spots.. They also have weekly and monthly rates.
You know, the scenery here is nice, the weather more like spring elsewhere and it is a nice place to be, but I'm starting to miss trees and green. I'm going to try to find some of that somewhere in Arid-zona.

No comments:

Post a Comment