Monday, July 14, 2008

The Work Goes On

Monday: (07/14) Dawn went to assist at one of the summer schools again today.

Lou and I went shopping, first at Home Depot, then Ikea, then at an old house salvage company. We decided on some cabinets for the laundry room from Ikea and a new wash tub and other material from Home Depot. The room will look quite a bit different when done.

It's interesting how one thing leads to another once we start a little project. It's also interesting how easily I'm convinced to "buy" rather than "build" cabinets. Also having a contractor do the siding and window work. Neither would have occurred in my youth. I guess it is true that you do get smarter with age.

Tuesday: (07/15) The day started with great plans but soon evolved in to a typical day. While Lou and I were enjoying breakfast at the front porch watching the world go by, my phone advised me I had messages. A couple were just the usual lost Verizon messages that finally appeared. The last was a call from my dentist advisig that I had an appointment this afternoon.

Lou was headed down to San Jose for a couple of days to attend her doll making classes. With the cost of gas, it's cheaper for her to stay there in Dawn's apartment for the night to attend the two days of classes. Dawn went off to assist at school again today.

I didn't want to get too involved and forget my dentist appointment so I tinkered in the laundry room for an hour or so then followed instructions from the boss and cleaned the bathroom, then showered and went shopping for some of the inevitable forgotten materials needed to the face lift of the laundry room. I finished just in time to pickup Dawn from work. We went downtown for lunch deciding to eat at the New York Cheesecake Factory. We shared a nice kahlua chocolate cheese cake and a meatloaf lunch. All very good.

After lunch we stopped by the Border's book store for a while, then I dropped Dawn off at the Rasputin's book store in Mountain View and I headed to my appointment. I found some "cheap" gas on the way ($4.47 for the cheapest grade). Our local station is still $4.66. After my appointment and now with clean teeth, I picked up Dawn.

Our dinner was leftovers, some of our best meals. Roast beast and grilled squash.

So the day didn't quite go as originally planned but was pleasant all the same, even with the visit to the dentist.

Wednesday: (07/16) Lou's in San Jose for her doll class. Dawn assisted at school again. I continued with the laundry room project.

Thursday: (07/17) Dawn was off to San Jose early for a couple of appointments. Lou met her there. I continued the laundry room project,

There is a lot of replacing and rearranging being done. I went on another material acquisition trip to the hardware store. When I returned home about 3pm I decided to call it quits for the day. I wasn't feeling well. See next post for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment