Sunday, October 12, 2008

Home Again

Sunday: (10/12) We were up early and back on the road. We stopped in Ukiah at Friedman Brothers Hardware and the TSC (Tractor Supply Company). These stores always require our attention when we're nearby.

Next stop, the Solar Living Center in Hopland. Always an interesting place to visit.

Back on the road. We ran into stop and barely go between Santa Rosa and Petaluma then again through San Francisco. Certainly reduced our fuel mileage.

We stopped in Redwood City to fuel up then went by Harry's Hofbrau for dinner. It's October fest time so we all shared Weinershcnitzel dinners. Finally home about 8pm.

Monday: (10/13)Lou and Dawn went down to San Jose. When I did get up, I emptied the car and washed it. I also washed the RV then completed washing the sheets and making the beds for the next trip. I delivered the toad to the shop for a scheduled service visit tomorrow. I stopped by our local China Mei restaurant for dinner.

Tuesday: (10/14) Since I'm without car today, I mainly goofed off today until Lou returned home late in the afternoon. We had left overs for dinner.

Wednesday: (10/15) I spent the morning designing my storage sheds and making material lists. I decided not to put a shed back up where the old shop was against the house. We really are enjoying the light that comes in the windows that were covered all these years. I'll build two sheds against the side fence about 15 feet from the house.

Canopy that was by old shop.JPG Temp Yard Shed location before.JPG
I started to work on moving the junk from where I'll be building our new yard sheds, two 10'x10' sheds. One will serve as a shop, the other for storage.

Wilton Living Room damage.JPG No drywall on wall.JPG
Lou attacked the living room wall. She removed the damaged drywall from the living room side of the shared bathroom wall. The shower leaked and damaged much of the wall previously. The bathroom was repaired years ago but the living room side repair was deferred. No need to have the whole house unlivable all at once. Why not a little unlivable all the time? Lou removed the drywall and cleaned up the debris placing it in the car.

Lou and I went to a new Chinese buffet in Sunnyvale, the Sunny Buffet on Matilda Avenue at Ross. The food was very good and Lou didn't have a reaction so I may get to visit the place again. If a restaurant uses cottonseed oil or MSG then Lou breaks out and we don't return. All went well!

No more canopy.JPG Canopy relocated and installed as temporary yard shed under the oak tree.JPG
Thursday: (10/16) Lou and I moved the canopy that was by the old shop to it's new home under the oak tree. I lowered it back down to the normal height and installed the walls. Previously I had raised it up 3 feet to just provide shade for the shop and to provide lots of headroom when moving around plywood sheets and the like. It will provide a home for the rest of the "stuff" from the old shop, the stuff that has collected under it and a home for all the bicycles. While I'm building the new permanent storage sheds where the old canopy was, the temp shelter will protect the "stuff" form the rain and winter weather, hopefully.

Lou washed down the framing to kill any mold and treated the carpet an padding as well. One reason for replacing the wall is her concern for a moldy smell she notices when we return home after having been away. I don't notice it but she does and she's dong the repair so I'm quite agreeable.

Lou working hard at arbor.JPG
Lou and I went to dinner at her favorite Chinese restaurant, the New Tung Kee in San Antonio Square in Mountain View. We then did some grocery shopping before returning home.

Friday: (10/17) Began with a run to the dump. Then we stopped by the IKEA store for breakfast. It's next door to the dump.

I then took some time to get the pictures uploaded and onto the blog. Lou replaced the rollup plastic door material for her pottery shed. I finally got outside late in the afternoon. Those darn pictures took quite a while to get posted. Enjoy! I started moving stuff into the relocated tent shed. The wood pile will have to wait until Sunday.

Lou fixed some a stir fry meal of tomatoes, onions peppers and spam. Quite good.

Saturday: (10/18) We had breakfast from Jack-in-the-box this morning. I had one of their new bowl breakfasts. Lou ordered a croissant but got a burrito. Breakfast was adequate and fast. We had to get going early.

Lou and our neighbor Meilie went to a rummage sale. I went to the doctor again. Seems like a habit recently. I called yesterday afternoon, at Lou's insistence, to have them check on my chest pain which I've pretty much determined is a recurrence of shingles. Fortunately, no rash yet but the same pain and sensitivity as was experienced 23 years ago when I first had an outbreak. Since the pain is over the heart, Kaiser is interested enough to see me again. A couple of weeks ago, in Eureka, when I went to the hospital, they cleared my heart with an EKG. The doctor did another EKG today and compared it to one I had in August for my pre-op then. No change or problem with the heart. So now, the determination by Kaiser here is the same as at St Josephs Hospital in Eureka. The heart is OK and I have a pain in the chest. So,  find a way to enjoy it? There's not much they can do for shingles. I'm starting to feel like a hypochondriac with all these doctor visits over the past few months. It's a good thing we've been hanging around home so much.

About 0930 Lou and I drove up to San Bruno and caught the BART train to San Francisco. Red Bull was having a soapbox race today at Delores Park in the Mission District. It was an interesting event. We sat on the grass in the park and watched the race on a Jumbotron TV. I forgot to bring my camera so I took some pictures with my phone. Someday they may end up here on the blog. Until then look at the Red Bull website for pictures. We could also look over at the end of the track but it was easier to see it on the big screen. The big screen died just before the end of the race so we headed down to Mission Street for a late lunch at El Herradero Restaurant 2224 Mission St. The place was crowded but we got right in before the big rush and our order was taken right away. Unfortunately, everyone in the restaurant was having a long wait for their orders to come out of the kitchen. Obviously prepared to order. Our order took about 50 minutes. Fortunately they had really good salsa and fresh chips. We then looked around a few shops then headed toward home.

Sunday: (10/19) I baked up a batch of Italian sausage and some pork rids and then fried some home fried potatoes for breakfast. Lou fixed the eggs and we had our breakfast. Most of the meat was then frozen for later use.

I went outside after updating the blog. I moved the wood pile into the relocated tent and also moved almost everything else from the patio so that the concrete can be broken out.

Lou was busy with crafts, her wall replacement project and ? Lou cooked a corned beef brisket and made sandwiches for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment