Sunday, April 26, 2009

Bass Pro Shop, Manteca

Sunday: (04/26) Today is slightly significant.. It's my (Don's) 60th birthday. That means more eligibility for senior discounts. Oh boy!

Bass Pro Shop, manteca, Ca
We moved North a little to the Bass Pro Shop in Manteca, Ca. We passed it as we drove by on Highway 120 toward Turlock Friday. They don't open until 10am so we enjoyed breakfast in the lot and did some blogging while we waited. I warmed up some banana pancakes, and fixed bacon and eggs for breakfast.

The store opened at 10am but the parking lot was filling up before that? What was going on? They were having some sort of competition for flycasting and archery and evidently recently opened and it was the weekend, so it was busy. But it's a big place so no problems.

I decided to solve my getting lost, or Lou's impression that I am, by buying the Spot GPS Satellite Messenger. Now I can go off on my own and let Lou know I'm OK via satellite communications. No cell phone signal needed. I can also let her know I need help or call for 911 response as well. It's only three buttons and three fixed responses but should make all feel better. I'm not usually one to get something that requires a subscription for service but I made an exception for this. Cost $149 for the device and $149/yr for the service. That includes the additional cost of providing for web based tracking of my movements which sounds interesting. I guess this is my birthday present from Lou, she just doesn't know it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment