Monday, July 22, 2013

At Work Again

Monday: (07/22) I did a little cleanup and cut some more sucker trees from the flower beads in the back yard.

Test section for paint shaver at rear of house
Then I tried out the new paint stripper and sander on some of the siding at the back of the house. I stripped about 3"x4' in about an hour. It did take some learning to get it right so now I can start out front tomorrow. In the afternoon  I went shopping for another palm sander to get some areas the orbital sander can't reach. Granola for breakfast. Cottage cheese and fruit for lunch. Pastrami and rice for dinner.

Laying the sod Newly sodded lawn
Tuesday: (07/23) I started my day with a visit to La Victoria Taqueria for a breakfast burrito . On the way I spent some time watching a crew install a field of sod at San Jose State University. They were using a machine like a paving machine unrolling a four foot swath of sod. They also had a standard roller like used for paving. This crew obviously just does big projects. I finally continued on to breakfast. I usually eat it there but today I got it to go because I wanted to get back to the University to watch more of the sod installation. I spoke to the grounds manager who was watching as well. He said they had a problem with this spot becoming a mud hole. This crew was used at their stadium to repair a section of the field and a game was played four days later. It really is like carpeting. I did have to get back to the house to start work about 9am.
Start of stripping front of house
I used the paint shaver and removed most of the paint on a section of the house by the fireplace. It worked well. However, there wasn't much open wall space so there was a lot to strip on the edges. I used a heat gun and it all went quick finishing about 50 square feet today. There is more detail work to do around the window and the eves still needs to be done. I don't know if the paint shaver will help there to the tight access. Lunch was a ham and cheese sandwich. For dinner I returned to La Victoria for a chili relleno plate. Too bad they are so close. It's only a short walk across to the other side of the campus from the house.

I was told Lou and Dawn had smoothies for breakfast, ate at the Thai Bistro in Sunnyvale for lunch and had Mango ginger chicken with spaghetti squash and a green salad for dinner.

Wednesday: (07/24) I continued stripping the paint from the eves and around the window by the fireplace. I stopped about 11:30 to have lunch with Dawn downtown before returning to work in the afternoon. I almost finished the one side of the fireplace having only the last three feet of the eves at the top reaming before then beginning the other side of the fireplace. Ham, egg and cheese breakfast muffin. Lunch at Pizza My Heart, a slice of pizza with Dawn who had a chicken salad. Pastrami and a baked potato for dinner.

Thursday: (07/25) More work as a stripper today. I finished the right side and got a good start on the left side of the fireplace wall. Another day and a half may finish the left side. Granola and banana for breakfast. Ham and cheese sandwich for lunch. Lou's Chinese stir fried rice for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment