Saturday, August 10, 2013

Darn Raccoons

Saturday: (08/10) Lou was out early as usual enjoying the backyard. When she came in she mentioned I'd not like something she had seen in the yard but wouldn't tell me what it was. So I went out and found several of my planters had been vandalized last night. We've been having a problem with raccoons recently. They completely removed all the baby tears that were growing around our fountain. Now they've moved on to my planters. Something will probably need to be done about them. The other day I weighed myself when I came home from working in San Jose I had gained three pounds. I don't want that to be a trend. When I was 18 working during the summer as a painters helper, pretty much what I'm doing now, I gained 25 pounds that summer.I'm going to have to watch myself, or quit working. I relaxed all day. Smoothies for breakfast. Chow fun noodles, pad Thai and egg rolls for lunch. Stir fry noodles for dinner.

Wilton Missing Brick Pile 2092 Wilton Pig Bath 2097
Sunday: (08/11) A little work in the backyard today. I relocated some bricks and did some cleanup, filling the recycle bin. The picture above shows where the bricks were piled, on top of the concrete wall. Lou had been busy while I was gone and added a pig to our birdbath. It came with a pheasant.

I also had a nice camp fire burning the siding I removed from the  San Jose house and other wood debris. In the evening, I returned to San Jose. Dawn was busy baking some more zucchini (apple) pies. Biscuits and gravy for breakfast. Cottage cheese and fruit for lunch. Pastrami with green beans and a baked potato for dinner.

Monday: (08/12) I finished up the paint stripping on the section I was working on. It took all day to do the small amount remaining. Now for some sanding, filling and caulking tomorrow. Granola with a banana for breakfast. Ham and cheese sandwich with squash soup for lunch followed with some of Dawn's zucchini (apple) pie. For dinner I walk over to the House Of Pizza for a pizza dinner. I love their confusion (combination) pizza. I haven't been here in a few years. It is one of the worlds greatest pizzas and worth the walk. I downloaded a new GPS tracking app for my phone. I decided to test it on this walk.



Tuesday: (08/13) I spent the day doing some sanding, finishing the right side of the fireplace. Lou had an allergic reaction this afternoon and ended up taking Benedryl so she couldn't drive home. Ernie picked her up. I returned home because we have some appointments tomorrow. I took the bus down and picked up her care as well. Of course, breakfast and lunch were pizza. I returned to Palo Alto for the night. Dinner was the usual chow fun, pad Thai and egg rolls for LUU Noodle House.

Wednesday: (08/14) Lou and I spent the day out. Lou and I stopped at Kaiser for  a lab tests. Granola for breakfast. Zucchini with squash and sausage for lunch. Dinner at Applebee's. Sirloin steaks for all each with different sides. Mine was shrimp fettuccine, Lou's and Dawn;s were different salads.

Thursday: (08/15) I spent the day working on the paint job. Still no paint though. I reset some loose bricks on the fireplace and then spent some time sanding the stripped area. Still a little more sanding to do before getting to the caulking. Pancakes and sausage for breakfast. Leftover pizza and ham and pepper salad for lunch. BBQ ribs, baked potato and green beans for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment