Thursday, December 12, 2019

A Little Rain and Cold For The Holidays

Thursday: (12/12) Dawn and I dropped her new computer off at Best Buy for them to transfer the apps and data from the old to the new laptop. Lou had a PT visit. I tried to catch up on my sleep much of the rest of the day. Granola and banana for breakfast. I made home fried potatoes with smoked pork chop and fried eggs. Dawn made veggie soup for dinner.

Friday: (12/13) We had an 1100 appointment at Best Buy to pick up Dawn’s computers. They finished really quickly moving all Dawn’s apps and files from her old laptop. We also dropped a couple of boxes off at the Post Office. Back home, I prepared breakfast (lunch) of leftover potatoes and smoked pork chops with eggs. I did some cleanup in the backyard organizing my wood pile. It was disheveled due to working on the cottage roof. I also did some laundry.

Saturday: (12/14) Granola and banana for breakfast. Chili size for lunch Chopped salads from the Corner Bakery Cafe for dinner. Not much else accomplished.

Sunday: (12/15) Leftover home fried potatoes for breakfast. Lou and Dan had waffles. Since it was sunny much of the day, I took thee electric bike out for a spin. I stopped by Trader Joe's, Safeway, and Sprouts market and filled my saddlebags with some needed groceries. I picked up a chicken strip for my lunch. Dawn made beef stew over rice for dinner. I spent some time cleaning up my study today.

Monday: (12/16) Another relaxing day at home even though it was a sunny day and we have five or more stormy days to follow. I took Dawn to the Post Office to mail a registered letter and for some reason, the line was out the door, What is it Christmas? In the evening I researched and ordered some parts for the RV. Granola for breakfast. Hummus toast for lunch. Chilli size for dinner.

Tuesday: (12/17) Lou had an appointment for PT today, her first trip out. We stopped at Applebee’s for lunch on the way home. I got a text from Walmart that my new Roku TV was in at the Mountain View store. I took the grocery shopping list with me and picked up the TV and groceries from Walmart, Sprouts, and Trader Joe’s. The new TV is a UHD 4K Element Roku TV. All our TV’s except the living room are Roku TV’s. That means the same remote works for all and each remote is laid out the same. This is the first one that is UHD (Ultra High Definition). I intend to use it as a 40 inch computer monitor. My eyes aren’t as good as they once were. The TV is about half the cost of a 24” monitor. It works great. Granola and banana for breakfast. Applebee’s restaurant for lunch. Baked potato and sausage for dinner.

Wednesday: (12/18) We watched most of the impeachment debate and vote today. I moved out to my man cave (the RV) and I attended my regular Wednesday webinar at 1000 My new TV/monitor worked well for the webinar. I made home fried potatoes with sausage and eggs for breakfast. Hummus toast for lunch. Waldorf salad and refried beans for dinner. Our yard man came by in the afternoon and I helped him load our chicken and rabbit coops onto his little pickup. Quite a load for the little truck.

Thursday: (12/19) A second day with no rain and mostly sunny all day. We all went to breakfast this morning to A Good Morning restaurant. Lou’s first time out with no other purpose than to eat out. We stopped at Walmart to get some things then at a couple of Trader Joe’s as well. To get our preferred Red Rose decaffeinated tea, we have to order it online. Most of the markets don’t carry decaf or are usually out of stock. The Trader Joe’s were to try to get Lou some chocolate liqueur candies. Unfortunately they are already out for the season. I enjoyed a second day in my cafe.

Friday: (12/20) I took Lou out to get her hair cut before lunch. We stopped for lunch at Baji’s on the way home. In the afternoon I took a little neighborhood walk. Leftover home fried potatoes with sausage and eggs for breakfast. Lunch at Baji’s Cafe in Mountain View. Leftover bell pepper casserole for dinner.

Saturday: (12/21) Leftover Bell pepper rice and a banana for breakfast. I took a bike ride down to San Antonio Mall and enjoyed a chai latte drink. Since it wasn’t raining and only overcast, i did a little yard work. I weeded the walkway with the Weedeater.

Sunday: (12/22) A rainy day. Leftover pepper and rice casserole. I signed up for my first hike in a month for tomorrow. Lou is doing really well. I am enjoying another day in my man cave. More leftovers for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment