Thursday, August 20, 2020

More Paving Under Ernie's Trailer

Thursday: (08/20) I spent the day removing the red bricks from under Ernie’s trailer. I chipped all the mortar off and stowed them away. I’ll be replacing them with the same bricks as make up the rest of the walkway and patio in the backyard. The weather was unexpectedly nice today. The skies were blue again and the temperature was much lower. We had an onshore wind today that got rid of our smoky skies and brought some cool ocean air. Lou and Dawn were busy working in the garden. Granola and banana for breakfast. Tuna and cheese sandwich for lunch. Baked stuffed squash with roasted tomatoes and French fries for dinner. 

Friday: (08/21) I made an estimate of how many more brick pavers I’ll need and counted my remaining bricks and headed off to Home Depot. I don’t shop at Home Depot any more but have to break that rule to match my bricks. I weighed one brick and estimated how much I could carry and decided I can carry 35 bricks. I need 95 bricks. We checked the air quality and it was in the green so I headed off. I only made one trip because the air quality turned red. I relaxed inside the rest of the day. Granola and banana for breakfast. Tuna and cheese sandwich for lunch. Lou made tomato veggie meatballs for dinner.

Saturday: (08/22) With another bad air day due to the fires, Lou wouldn’t let me go outside. I mostly relaxed all day. I did attend a webinar about WordPress’s latest upgrade. I also spent some time moving things around and cleaning out stuff from the study. Dawn has moved into my study and needed some room to work. Granola and banana for breakfast. Diced ham and fresh pineapple for lunch. Sauerkraut, potatoes and sausage for dinner. 

Sunday: (08/23) I relaxed indoors doing nothing all day. Lou and Dawn were busy doing their thing. Lou made fried eggs with fried sauerkraut potatoes for breakfast. Lou made some ham and pineapple coleslaw for lunch. I picked up dinner from Panera Bread Restaurant in Mountain View. I had some nice French onion soup with a steak and cheese sandwich. Dawn and Lou had broccoli soup.

Monday: (08/24) Lou and I went to the Home Depot store and I got more bricks. Lou got some shipping wrap. Back home I unloaded the bricks and returned for another load. Two loads of 35 bricks or 1200 pounds total. Pretty good loads for my little Hyundai Accent. I should have enough now to finish the patio by Ernie’s trailer. Otherwise another relaxing day inside out of the bad air. Granola and banana for breakfast. Tuna and cheese sandwich for lunch. I made corned beef hash and fried eggs for dinner.

Tuesday: (08/25) Leftover corned beef hash for breakfast. Lou and I were off early to do our shopping at the Walmart neighborhood market and at Smart and Final. Tuna and cheese sandwich for lunch. Stuffed squash for dinner. Dawn made soup for dinner.

Wednesday: (08/26) I relaxed in the morning and then attended my Wednesday AlphaAnywhere webinar. A nice day. I rather hated to waste the morning inside but today is my webinar and I didn’t want to get dirty before it. The air quality was pretty good all day. I welded a hand trowel back together to start, then spent some time digging to expose the piping under Ernie’s trailer tongue. Granola and a banana for breakfast. Leftover soup for dinner. A pork chop sandwich for lunch. Soup for dinner.

Thursday: (08/27) Another good air quality day. I tried to estimate the parts I'd need and then I went to Ace hardware and got some parts for the piping modifications by Ernie’s trailer. Of course there are a few things I missed. I spent the afternoon doing more digging and then relocated the sprinkler lines from under Ernie’s trailer tongue. I Also spent some time weeding Dawn’ new garden. Lou and Dawn were busy working in their garden later. Breakfast from A Good Morning. Lunch from Super Taqueria. Lou made chopped chef salads for dinner.

Friday: (08/28) Today we are back to bad air so no outside work today. Lou and I made a special trip to Target in East Palo Alto to get laundry sanitizer. We’re almost out and it’s difficult to find. Target online said they had a limited supply at the EPA store. They were out. So, we went next door to Home Depot. They showed up online as a possible source. They had a couple of jugs for us. This is the second time in the past two years or so that I’ve had to shop at Home Depot which I boycott because they are a tRump supporter. The other was to get matching brick pavers for our patio expansion. Back home Lou made fresh peach blintzes for breakfast. Leftover soup for dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment