Monday, March 29, 2021

Building A Ramp For Ernie

Monday: (03/29) Out early to see them pour concrete in the bottom of the hole down the street. They finished about 1300. I spent way too much time watching them. Another long afternoon nap today. I made breakfast egg, cheese and ham sandwiches with leftover rolls from Harry’s. Lou and Dawn went out to Shake Shack for their brunch. Waffles with bacon for lunch. Lou made steak with baked potatoes and asparagus for dinner. I managed to get the seven new sprinkler timers setup today. I was having trouble getting them attached via Bluetooth to the WIFI host adapter.

Tuesday: (03/30) A little supervision of the project down the street. I dug out the old rear bed sprinkler valve box and started installing the piping for the new valves. I made a trip to Ace for a few things as well. Leftover corned beef hash and eggs for breakfast. Corned beef and cheese sandwich for lunch. Dawn made rice with a stew of ham, chicken, cheese and veggies for dinner.

Wednesday: (03/31) Relaxed this morning inside. I drove Ernie to and from his VA appointment this morning. Attended my Wednesday Webinar. I also stopped at the downtown Ace store for a PVC fitting I had forgotten. All followed by a long afternoon nap. This could be habit forming. Granola and banana for breakfast. Ham and cheese sandwich for lunch. Iranian chicken salad for dinner.

Thursday: (04/01) Ham, home fried potatoes and eggs for breakfast. I worked a little on cutting pieces for Ernie’s entry platform. I backfilled the new valve hole and completed the installation of the valves minus some fittings that haven't arrived yet. Ham and cheese sandwich for lunch. Leftovers for dinner.

Friday: (04/02) Granola and banana for breakfast. I had a tooth cleaning appointment in the morning. I stopped at Lowe’s for some planter soil and at Sprout’s for bread then picked up lunch at the China Wok restaurant in Sunnyvale. I worked on cutting parts for Ernie’s new entry ramp. I tacked together some of the platform. I received some fittings for the new rear bed sprinkler valves. When I tried to set up the program I couldn’t communicate with them. May have to install another Bluetooth/WIFI adapter. Lou and Dawn went out and got Dawn's #2 Covid shot and explored thrift stores all day. Green beans, baked potatoes and steak for dinner.

Saturday: (04/03) Leftover lasagna for breakfast. Leftover Chinese for lunch. Worked on welding up Ernie’s entry platform/porch for the new ramp to his trailer. Some nice vegetable soup/stew with avocado for dinner. I talked with Art Black about our upcoming backpack trip on the Ohlone Wilderness Trail.

Sunday: (04/04) a cool overcast day but i did sunburn my head due to not wearing my hat because of the on/off use of my welding goggles. I removed the trellis from our back fence that used to hold the honeysuckle vine. I recycled it for use on Ernie’s entrance ramp. I added attachment pins to attach the ramp to the porch and added the handrail to the ramp. I made home fried potatoes with ham and eggs for breakfast. We had fruit chunks with chocolate fondue for Easter lunch. Lou made spaghetti squash and meatballs for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment