Thursday, June 30, 2005

Retirement Reunion

Don headed up to Palo Alto for a Thursday luncheon. Don retired one year ago today. Several of us retired about the same time. We had a nice BarBQ with our former co-workers. I managed to bring my camera and forgot to take any pictures, I hate that! It's nice to find out how things are going and see old friends and co-workers, but, I don't miss working at all.
Lou and Dawn remained in Bakersfield. Yesterday we had new vinyl flooring installed and today they were doing the carpet. We intend to sell the house now and it's now ready.


The backyard at Wilton was looking good. I (Don) haven't seen it for a few weeks. There is a Dove nesting in Lou's Pottery shed. Fortunately, my using the table saw nearby didn't bother her much.

Above, pictures of Hwy 58 between Bakersfield and Santa Margarita. I don't remember the last time I was on this section of Hwy 58, I usually take Hwy 46 from Paso Robles to Bakersfield. The traffic was heavy on Hwy 101 and I thought it would be bad on Hwy 46 as well. I took the path less traveled, Hwy 58. It was a very nice drive. On the right above are some white puff ball "flowers". The area was still green for the first 30 miles east of Hwy 101 then became drier and treeless after California Valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment