Saturday, June 17, 2006

Quite Hot

It was in the mid to high 90's yesterday and today, and will be hot for at least the next week. We don't usually get the inland heat because we're near the coast and by the San Francisco Bay, but this is the second longer hot spell this year. Might as well learn to enjoy it! I have been holding off on working outside though.
Yesterday I mostly just played with the websites and got some rebar for the sidewalk project. This morning, I dashed off early to get the Toad (tow car, 92 Volvo 245 wagon) smog tested. It was sent to a "Test Only" station this year like the 86 Volvo was earlier. Fortunately, the 92 passed with flying colors with about only 10% of the allowable emissions, unlike the 86 which required three trips to the Test Only Station and two trips to the regular test/repair shop. Now, both cars are the same and If I had to guess, I'd say the 86 ran better than the 92 so would expect emissions to be less on it. Both cars have been identified as "suspect vehicle", I assume, because of their age. Being a person who always suspects a conspiracy, if one could exist, I think the test computers results are influenced by the classification of the vehicle rather than the actual emissions. But that's just me. Anyway, now the 92 is good for a couple more years.

No comments:

Post a Comment