Saturday, June 17, 2006

Well, Finally

I finally got the story from my previous web hosting ISP, RegisterFly. "Due to some hardware issues the hardware node went down and admins were unable to SAVE any data / content hosted on accounts. We can recreate your hosting on the server and also give you 2 months FREE services as the compensation.
I'm thinking about it, but, frankly, I'm disappointed in their performance and communications about the problem. The only reason I'm thinking is that I liked the server administrative interface, and, being Scotch, I'd like the lower cost of their service. I'm going to wait and see if I can do what I need to do on my current, new ISP, WestHost. I've got 30 days to decide if I like it.
Meanwhile, everything is back working on the new server, except for the WordPress applications that each site was just converted over to. The recent posts on WordPress were lost.
Even though "daily backups" were supposedly being done, it just goes to show that you need to maintain regular backups of your own, which I fortunately had done just two weeks before the failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment