Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Missing Chinese Buffet

Wednesday: (04/11) Lou's day off so I fixed eggs and toast for breakfast. I checked the work of the water repair crew. After I left, then continued and the road was already patched. They had dug so much out they couldn't have covered it with traffic plates. Another crew stopped by and cleaned up some of the mud near the leak but the whole length of the street needed it but didn't get it. I cleaned the mud from in front of our driveway so we don't keep tracking it into the driveway. We wouldn't want the new car to get dirty. Lou wanted to go out to lunch and suggested the Sunny Buffet. I, of course didn't disagree. We drove over and found it was gone and already being remodeled into a Greek restaurant. Seems like we were there just last week and no sign of a change. Too bad, it was really a nice place. With Chinese buffet in mind, we headed over to another in San Jose, the Super Chinese Buffet. It's also pretty good but further away. Good thing the new car gets such good mileage. I tinkered in the office as Lou worked on the dolls the rest of the day. As usual, after a buffet, dinner wasn't too necessary. We had leftovers.

Thursday: (04/12) Cereal for breakfast. The day started off almost clear but changed to a real rain storm through the day and evening. I tinkered a little in the greenhouse an in the office today. Lou was busy with the dolls. A couple even got their heads attached today. Noodles and ham for Lunch. For dinner, leftover chicken for Lou and a tuna sandwich for myself. We had a nice lightening storm in the evening. Quite a show.

Friday: (04/13) Wet looking clouds but no rain today. I tinkered in the office all day. Lou was mostly busy with her dolls. Biscuits and gravy for breakfast. Stuffed tomatoes with tuna salad for lunch. Beef stroganoff with cauliflower for dinner.

Saturday: (04/14) A nice day. Breakfast at Subway. They make really nice breakfast sandwiches. Lou and I were out and about all day. She had an appointment in Santa Clara. I dropped her off then browsed around the mans toy store, Harbor Freight nearby. We were then off to San Jose where Lou went to a doll show at the fairgrounds. While she was there I browsed at Home Depot. I found some nice carpets there for the San Jose house. We noticed a nearby Grocery Outlet market so we stopped in and found a few things including a bunch of Italian sausages. We stopped for lunch at Denny's. Lou had a spinach with chicken and bacon salad and I had pancakes. We then stopped by San Jose to see the new tree that was planted by the city. It's a crepe myrtle and looks pretty good though it's not planted in the correct spot to meet City standards. Typical! we stopped at an out of the way thrift store before heading home. I stopped by Central Computer to get a USB charger and a couple of short USB cables for use in the new car to charge the cell phones. I cooked up the sausages by baking them as usual. Dinner was leftovers. I had a couple of Italian sausages with baked beans.

Sunday: (04/15) Sausage with biscuits and gravy for breakfast. I worked in the greenhouse making a caged area for Lou's sprouting. The squirrels have been enjoying some wonderful snacks, especially the pepper sprouts from some nice peppers we had in Canada. Lou saved the seeds and they sprouted nicely and evidently were delicious. Lou was busy making some picture frames. We had green salads for lunch. Tacos for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment