Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Cool, Man

Sunday: (10/27) Fall is really bring in cooler weather recently Lou put a pot roast in the crock pot in the morning. I loaded the cement mixer and jackhammer into the Jeep to take to San Jose. I completed doing the laundry. Leftover corned beef hash with eggs for breakfast. Pot Roast for dinner.



Monday: (10/28) I drove down to San Jose early taking Dawn to an appointment. After that we stopped at La Victoria Taqueria for breakfast. Dawn went out exploring and shopping around San Jose most of the day while I tried to get some work done Since I forgot to get new work gloves and my existing gloves had too many holes to fully protect my hands from heat or the abrasiveness of the roof, I did other tasks today. I need to install some fencing where the neighbors garage was removed. The tenants had planted a beautiful bougainvillea against the garage which the people who removed the garage had to disconnect from the garage and it was laid over into our yard. I fought all the one inch thorns trimming the plant and disposing of the cuttings into a compost bin and separating the wire and lattice work that was supporting the plant. The plant likely won’t be able to be saved because it is either right in the fence alignment or really close. I’ll be installing the usual concrete base for the fence so the plant may have to go. If not, it will be in the neighbors yard anyway. I quit early because I had setup an appointment to get the Hyundai serviced tomorrow and needed to return to Palo Alto to get it. On the way home I picked up Dawn. I located the set of wheels I was missing for one of the scaffolds. They move so much nicer with wheels. Lunch was two cheese coated hot dogs. I picked up some chicken dinners at KFC for dinner.

Tuesday: (10/29) I started early stopping at McDonald’s for a McGriddle sandwich for breakfast. I visited Harbor Freight and bought some work gloves. I also stopped by a house in Santa Clara to pickup some Freecycle page sleeves that Dawn wanted. I finally started work a little after 0900 working until 1315. Lunch was leftover pot roast . I took the car in for it’s service and on the way noticed the airbag fault light was on. They did the oil change and check the airbags while I relaxed in the waiting room. Hopefully my snoring didn’t bother the other people too much. They determined the airbag was bad and ordered a new one. For dinner I had cottage cheese and fruit with a toasted English muffin coated with honey.

Wednesday: (10/30) Today I started sanding above the porch finishing the left side. Toasted English muffin with a sausage patty for breakfast. BBQ ribs with Spanish rice for lunch. Egg rolls and shrimp balls from King Eggroll for dinner

Missing garage fence Missing garage fence

Thursday: (10/31) I started by determining the fence line. I can’t spend more time today but now I can start digging the post holes when I find time. I finished sanding the right side today. I have only done the part over the porch roof.I still have both lower sides todo but may get a coat of primer by the end of next week. Granola for breakfast. Sausage and cheese English muffin with carrots for lunch. Tri-tip roast with mashed potatoes and a green salad for dinner.

Stripping paint above the porch Stripping above the porch



No comments:

Post a Comment