Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Itching To Go

Tuesday: (07/01) I took Dawn to an early appointment then returned home. Lou and I went out to lunch at Joanie's Restaurant and shared a spinach hamburger omelet, the daily special. They serve outstanding muffins which today was a banana muffin. We stopped by the Grocery outlet and picked up a few things on the way home.  When we got home we had tea in the back yard. I met Dawn at noon and took her to another appointment. On the way I stopped at the Dim Sum King in Sunnyvale for some pork footballs and shrimp balls, my lunch. Dawn got a salad at Subway before I dropped her off at another appointment. I then visited REI to browse and picked up some socks, a new pocket knife and a sleeping bag. I used a quilt for the first part of the hike but it is only good to 30 degrees, and then is stretched a little making for a slightly chilly nights rest. The new bag is a mummy bag, is just as light and and is rated to 19 degrees. A little laundry work completed the day. Lou had started a corned beef roast in the slow cooker this morning and we had it for dinner with baked tatters and corn on the cob. Courtney joined us for dinner.

Lou has been released from some of her restrictions. She is now allowed to walk a little more so we can get around more. If all goes well, she is on the way to be able to drive soon and I may be able to get out of here and back on the trail at the end of the month? Yesterday I ordered a spare set of hiking shoes. I'll try to give them a couple of local hikes to break them in before I leave. They will then be ready for Lou to mail to me wherever.

No comments:

Post a Comment