Tuesday, October 7, 2014

In The Trenches

Monday: (10/06) Oatmeal for breakfast then I off to San Jose. I never got to work because my back was bugging me. I spent the morning cooking, working on letters, making phone calls and working on websites. I then enjoyed a nice long afternoon nap. A tough life! Lunch was a sausage and cheese sandwich. Dinner was leftover potatoes, asparagus, and ?

Tuesday: (10/07) A nice sausage, egg and cheese sandwich for breakfast. Then i was off to Payless Rockery to get a few buckets of baserock. Since I was in the area, I stopped in at work and said hi. I have to admit, I wanted to show off the slimmer me. When i got home, i did some more concrete sawing cutting the front walkway for the drain crossing and where I'll be replacing a bad section of walkway. I also finished all but 15 feet of the drive way where a car is parked. It's not drive-able so I hope to only have to have it moved twice, once out of the way and then back where it is. I then cleaned up from all the dust that I created. When i arrived here yesterday, i noticed that the City had marked a section of sidewalk to be ground where the cedar tree had been. the City replaced the concrete about five years ago and ground the sidewalk about three years ago, both which i had to pay for. Now they want me to grind it again. Fortunately, i had already planned on replacing it, properly while i was here doing other concrete work already. i also need to route the sump pump discharge out to the street through that section  so it all works out OK. Lunch was chili beans. I made a shopping run to Target for a couple of towels, which i had forgotten to bring with me and also a few groceries. Dinner was a chicken pot pie.

 Wednesday: (10/08) A banana and apple fritter for breakfast. I started trenching for the drain lines at the back of the house. There were a couple of pipes and a concrete base to dodge then I broke out some sidewalk and some a concrete step for a drain by Dawn's apartment door. I installed and back-filled about 20 feet of pipe. Productive enough. A ham and cheese sandwich for lunch, Pea soup for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment