Tuesday, October 28, 2014

More Rain Coming

Monday: (10/27) A breakfast burrito at La Victoria to start. I was busy digging more trench today. I got a good start on the next section toward the fireplace in the driveway. At 1400, I decided to call it quits and haul the load of concrete debris and dirt I collected up to Palo Alto. Not too productive today. Lou made French fried potatoes with broiled cauliflower, and sausage for dinner. Courtney stopped by for a visit and brought a nice bunt cake. Then I returned to San Jose.

Tuesday: (10/28) I finished the trench to the proper depth, installed the pipe and dumped the base-rock I had into the trench. I needed more rock so I went for another load. I should be able to pour some concrete tomorrow. This Friday, on my hike day, we have another rain storm predicted. It'll be nice to get most of the trench finished since I'm taking next week off. Sliced apple with peanut butter and a chicken pot pie for lunch. Sausage, ramen noodles, and corn for dinner.

Wednesday: (10/29) After my breakfast burrito from La Victoria I got to work. I finished tamping and installed the forms to replace the driveway concrete. I then got to work filling my buckets with dirt. and placed them out front to load tomorrow. I also moved the rest of my dirt pile from the driveway to the flowerbed in the front yard so it will be out of the way. Chili for lunch. I finally got to pouring concrete about 1400, rather late. I went back to Home Depot for some more concrete to finish pouring a small strip of driveway tomorrow.  I did the final brush finish about 2200.

Thursday: (10/30) Another breakfast burrito day. I began by stripping my forms from yesterday and installing a form for today. I also removed the lemon tree next to it. I've been debating whether to remove it and have decided it needs to go. it just can't be contained, being a full size lemon tree. Since I pruned it last year in preparation to paint the house, I had already grown up past the roof. Maybe a dwarf can be planted later? I have been digging and hauling for several weeks now and no blisters. While sawing out the lemon tree with the sawsall, I wore a really nice blister on the fight hand. They can sneak up on you when you don't wear gloves.  I then poured the small strip of driveway between the two pours done yesterday.I was finished about 1030 and the rest of the day was rather easy just cleaning up and waiting to finish the concrete. I finally headed home about 1600. I emptied the buckets of dirt from the Jeep into my growing dirt pile / raised bed to be. I then cleaned up the Jeep. We're leaving town and it will need to be civilized again. Lou will drive it tomorrow for her errands and I'll meet her in the motorhome. Dim Sum for dinner.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment