Friday, July 24, 2015

Pescadero County Park Long Loop Hike

Friday: (07/24) The usual hikers English muffin breakfast sandwich with a maple bar started my day. Jessica came over and we were picked up by Heidi for a carpool to the Tarwater Trailhead at Pescadero Park which is about 15 miles South of Palo Alto up and over the mountain via Page Mill Road. We had 11 hikers for our hike. I enjoyed a wonderful hike with a fast bunch of hikers. Great weather and scenery. We had lunch by a creek in the Jones Gulch Area. Judy and Neil had a treat for us when we returned to our cars, cold oranges and drinks which were much appreciated. It was a 10.78 mile hike with an elevation change of 739 feet and an overall climb of 2719 feet in 5 hours 9 minutes. Here is the GPS Track: http://my.viewranger.com/track/details/MTg1MjkwNw==. Leftovers for dinner. I relaxed the rest of the day. My right thigh was painful for most of the hike and continues now. I know it is only because I decided to try to return to the Pacific Crest Trail hike next week at Dunsmuir. My body usually tries to make me reconsider things like long hikes.
Pescadero Creek Hike 91437765846908 Pescadero Creek Park Tarwater Creek 440144997
All the hikers on a bridge over Jones Gulch. On right Jessica demonstrates that the black stuff in the creek is tar.
Pescadero Creek Park Tarwater Trail Candleaubra Tree 440145077 (1) Pescadero Creek Park Jones Gulch 440145020
The grandfather tree on left above, one of the creek crossings on the right.
Pescadero Creek Park Loop Hike Merged Trees 0141
Two trees near the start of the trail that have merged into one.

No comments:

Post a Comment