Friday, October 2, 2015

Walkabout To Marin Headlands

Friday: (10/02) I was off on the train early after I enjoyed one of Dawn’s smoothie breakfasts. I arrived in San Francisco just after 1000. I caught the trolley to Market Street then walked through China Town.

SF China Town 1002151104 SF Palace Of Fine Arts 1002151203a
I found a nice bakery along Stockton Street and picked up a couple of egg tarts. My favorite Dim Sum restaurant on Broadway was closed the last couple of times I’ve passed by. Looked permanent but today when I passed it was open again. I picked up some pork footballs there to complete lunch. I then caught a bus out into the Marina District and walked Chesnut Street out to the Palace Of Fine Arts.
SF Prisideo Crissy Field 1002151211 SF Presidio Crissy Field 1002151244
I continued on through the Presidio’s Crissy Field to the Golden Gate Bridge and across the bridge.
Golden Gate Bridge Gun Battery 1002151355a Golden Gate Bridge Gun Battery 1002151356b
On the North end of the bridge I browsed at some of the old gun emplacements above the bridge and along the headlands.
Marin Headlands Kirby Cove CG 1002151433a Marin Headlands Kirby Cove CG 1002151434
I then hiked West to Kirby Cove on the Marin Headlands.
Golden Gate Bridge Zipper Truck 1002151544e
I then walked back the same way I had come out. I caught a look at the zipper truck moving the barrier on the Golden Gate Bridge. I caught a bus at the SF side of the bridge back to Chesnut Street and walked the street then caught a but to North Beach for pizza and beer at the Golden Boy Pizza shop. Then I caught a but back to the train station where I walked right on to the train, the last passenger to board as it pulled out immediately. Perfect timing. I was home about 2000. Lou took a bad step today and turned her ankle.

No comments:

Post a Comment