Saturday, November 7, 2015

A Race With The Rain

Wilton Lou's Shed 1107150935a_HDR Wilton Lou's Shed 110715Wilton Lou's Shed 1111_HDR
Saturday: (11/07) I got to work on Lou’s shed again today. I finished the wall by the green house. It’s a wet wall because of the watering of the plants so it’s made differently than the rest of the walls. I also wanted to close the green house wall first because we may have a freeze soon and the plants need a sanctuary. I also spent some time finishing the roof framing. I had hoped to get the roof plywood on and some tar paper on because we had rain forecast for tomorrow morning but time didn’t allow for it. Earlier sunset and needing to put things away necessitated a change of plans. Ernie assisted moving the heavy cement panels. On the right above is the way I get them off the roof of the Jeep. They slide down safely then get picked up and moved. Trying to lift the off is not fun.
Granola for breakfast. Ham and cheese sandwich on onion bread ala Lou for lunch. Dawn made Shepherd’s pie for dinner.
Wilton Lou's Shed 1108150938a_HDR Wilton Lou's Shed 1108150939_HDR
Sunday: (11/08) Rainy day. Lou served some peach blintzes from the freezer for breakfast. I was off to try to find some lath screws to attach the siding. They are self drilling wide pan headed screws with a low profile and don’t pull through the cement panels. That took a while because they aren’t easy to find. Lowe’s had some, not as long as I wanted but close enough. I also stopped by REI for a look. I found a nice web belt. I find them nicer because they don’t have holes and are infinitely adjustable. Unfortunately my existing belt has become too short. As a weight conscious hiker I trimmed my existing belt to be just long enough, which now it isn’t due to some returning weight now that I’m off trail. I enjoyed some dim sum for lunch on the way home. Otherwise a inside activity day. Leftovers for dinner.
Wilton Lou's Shed 1109151423a_HDR
Monday: (11/09) Rainy day. Leftover Shepherd’s pie for breakfast. We headed out to buy a tarp to cover Lou’s shed so it will be drier after the rain stops and be nicer to work on. After  a sandwich for lunch we decided to head over to Santa Cruz for Dawn’s birthday outing and dinner. Her BD isn’t until tomorrow but if the rain has stopped I need to work so today was better to visit thrift stores and book stores there. We had dinner at the 99 Bottles Of Beer restaurant. That was my choice for my last birthday dinner. We made it home about 1000. A while back I bought a light down jacket for my hikes from Uniqlo. I rarely wear jackets but today I tried it out and it was pretty nice not too warm but feels like it would be when needed.
Wilton Lou's Shed 1110151303_HDR Wilton Lou's Shed 1110151648_HDR
Tuesday: (11/10) No rain but intermittent threatening clouds. I installed the roof deck and tar paper today. Now there is a waterproof cover over the project. Granola for breakfast. Ham and cheese sandwich for lunch. Lou’s clam chowder for dinner.
Wilton Lou's Shed 1110151649_HDR
Ready for more rain.
Wilton Lou's Shed 1111151618_HDR Wilton Lou's Shed 1111151619b_HDR
Wednesday: (11/11) I prepared sausage, eggs and home fried potatoes for breakfast. I installed the front siding on the building and the rolled roofing today. Hot chicken sandwiches for lunch and Dawn mad portabello mushroom stir fries for dinner. In the evening Lou and I went to Costco, Home Depot and Orchard Supply Hardware. I picked up drip edging and leaf guards at Home Depot but their gutters don’t match the leaf guard so I stopped by OSH to get the gutters.
Wilton Lou's Shed 1112151702_HDR Wilton Lou's Shed 1112151703_HDR Wilton Lou's Shed 1112151703b_HDR
Thursday: (11/12) A nice sunny warmer day. I seem to have come down with a cold. I hope it doesn’t last too long. I installed the drip edge around the roof. I also installed the East wall, only a 2 foot wide section to close off between the fence and another shed. And finally I finished to small trim and fascia pieces of siding on the front. Lou and Dawn had their exercise class. Lou also received her cell phone back from LG unrepaired. They claim the one year warranty is expired even though it is less that two months old. Granola for breakfast. Sausage eggs and potatoes for brunch. Shepherd’s Pie for a late lunch. Hot and Sour soup for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment