Thursday, July 30, 2020

Little Basin Eagle Rock Hike

Thursday: (07/30) I picked up my sausage egg and cheese English muffin and a donut at Happy donut for my breakfast. I was then off to do two short hikes. Both these trails I haven’t done before. I stopped at the trailhead for the John Nicholas Trail on Black Road in Los Gatos. The trail winds from Black Road up to Skyline Road but I just hiked the first 2 miles to the pond. I’ve hiked the rest many times. This portion of the trail opened just a couple of years ago. It’s a mostly flat dusty road trail with lots of bicycles but the pond and a couple of streams were nice. Total 4.2 miles. After that I drove out to the Little Basin area of Big Basin Redwoods State Park. I hiked the Eagle Rock and Little Basin Loop Trails. This hike was mostly through oak and bay tree forest. The views from the Eagle Roak were the best in the area looking out over the valleys all around and out to the ocean. There was a radio repeater building nearby and the burnt remains of an old fire lookout tower. Total 4.6 miles. So, together these two hikes made one good length hike on trails I haven’t done before.
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment