Tuesday, October 27, 2020

A New Front Yard Orchard

Tuesday: (10/27) Leftover hash for breakfast. I got busy on my new project, the front orchard. First, I relocated all the big potted plants, mostly trees from the usual dirt pile area. Only two of these trees will be planted in the new orchard, the loquat and the pomegranate trees. The plum tree in the back yard patio will join them. Then, Dawn will select about five more dwarf trees for our front yard orchard. Then it was time to start digging. I needed to remove about 2-3 inches of the dirt so that when I lay all the wood chips they will be easily returned to their home with a blower. I finished more than ⅔’s of the digging and even broke up the remaining area. Tomorrow I’ll finish moving the dirt then plant the trees and possibly move all the wood chips. Crackers, cheese and ham for lunch. A nice chopped salad from our nearby Corner Bakery Cafe. 

Wednesday: (10/28) I headed outside to before breakfast to move more dirt. I had loosened a bunch before I quit last night. I almost moved all that loosened dirt before breakfast. Lou made an oven omelet for breakfast. I did some more chipping to level the last section. We headed off a little after noon to go to lunch at Ann’s cafe in Menlo Park. It was meatloaf day, for me, and BBQ beef day for Lou. Dawn had a Reuben sandwich. When we returned after lunch it was nap time. I didn’t recover until about 1700. I finished the chipping and moving of the dirt. I also dug out the sprinkler pipe that will be used to water the orchard. It was captured by a bunch of roots and took some work to clear. I did manage to cut the pipe in doing so. Tomorrow I’ll repair that but I’ll need to wait a couple of days for my drip tubing to arrive. So I may be able to take a hike on Friday. I had a sausage sandwich for dinner.

 

Thursday: (10/29) I had a dental cleaning appointment this morning. I trimmed my beard and hair before I headed off. I relaxed most of the rest of the day. I did a layout of where the three trees we have will go. There will be room for three more. A little granola for breakfast. Dim sum from Dim Sum King for lunch. I made some sauerkraut with potatoes and pork chops for dinner. This time I added an onion and an apple because I only had one bottle of sauerkraut. It made it quite mellow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment