Sunday, October 25, 2020

Driving To Escape

Sunday: (10/25) I made my favorite corned beef hash and eggs for breakfast. We all took a drive through the side streets up to Daly city and I showed Lou and Dawn where I hiked last week at Mount San Bruno State Park. We stopped at Neal’s Restaurant in Millbrae for lunch. On the way home Lou and Dawn toured a thrift store in San Carlos while I looked over a couple of used Mercedes vans at a nearby car lot. They weren’t open so I’ll have to call for details tomorrow. Leftovers for dinner.

Monday: (10/26) Leftover corned beef hash and eggs for breakfast. I spent the day in the backyard on cleanup duty. I emptied some unused pots into our stock potting soil bin and cleared the patio of several pots. I cut a new mat for the outside shower. I used the remnant for the second step in the RV doorway which has been just the vinyl floor. I hung cables and pipes under Ernie's trailer and removed some of the boards that were used to support the trailer during the patio build. I also rerouted the drain line from the washer. All these actions to make it easier to blow the leaves from under the trailer. Banana bread for lunch. Spaghetti squash for dinner. Our neighbor had a lot of oak tree chips leftover from eliminating his rear lawn. It’s enough for our front lawn replacement. To use it I had been considering changing my plans for a centered arbor in the front yard to an offset arbor. This allows the majority of the yard to be used for fruit trees rather than a few bushes and lots of succulents. I’ll need to dig out about 3 inches of the dirt, then add the chips.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment