Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Watching the Big Dig

Wednesday: (12/30) A nice but cold day I headed off early to a 0930 Kaiser lab appointment for some blood letting. Lou made roast chicken with Spanish rice and Brussel’s sprouts for breakfast. I did a little “supervision” of the construction project down the street. Lunch was leftover enchiladas with rice and avocados.

Thursday: (12/31) Breakfast from Happy donut. My usual sausage, egg and cheese muffin. I watched the construction crew drill the first few holes for the basement shoring. They all went home at noon for the holiday. Lou made Chinese food for lunch. Chow Mein with broccoli beef. I soaked my hands while washing dishes. I think Lou used every one in the kitchen. A relaxing evening. I took a nap early and awoke in time to bid 2020 goodbye.

Friday: (01/01) Granola and banana for breakfast. I relaxed all day tinkering on the computer. Ernie prepared black eyed peas with spinach and corn bread for lunch. Leftovers for dinner.
 
Our holiday dinner from Ernie,  black-eyed peas and cornbread with spinach.

Saturday: (01/02) Granola and banana for breakfast. Leftover Chinese food for lunch. Cold and damp outside. In the late afternoon we took a drive. We drove through the crowded Foothills Park. We came back on Arastradero then up ECR to Redwood City. We noticed the old JJK market is open again. We’ll have to come back to see what it’s like. Since we were in the area, we picked up dinner at Harry’s Hofbrau. Lou got here Prime Rib and I got my lasagna. Back home I tried reinstalling the DChome app for my solar charger monitoring. It finally let me in. Works nicely.

Sunday: (01/03) I ran a battery load test on the RV today. By that I mean I unplugged the RV and the refrigerator load of 27 amps for 8 hours did the job. It was only down to 70% but that will have to do for the exercise. Not much else accomplished. Leftover black eyed peas with fresh cornbread for breakfast. Leftover lasagna and peas for lunch. Ham and cheese slides for dinner.

Monday: (01/04) Beef soup for breakfast. We all took a drive today on this rainy day. We drove up to Daly City then down the coast on Highway 1. We explored various places as we drove down to Santa Cruz. Lou and Dawn explored the Goodwill thrift store there and took a walk as I took a nap. We stopped for lunch in Pacifica at Safeway. Back home at 1700. I had a couple of sausages with cornbread for my dinner.
No photos of the drive but here is one of the construction site down the street.


No comments:

Post a Comment