Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Saratoga to Skyline Hike (Upper)

 Tuesday: (12/01) Lou made soft boiled eggs for breakfast. We relaxed in the morning. I headed off to Sanborn Park about noon for a hike. I hiked up the Saratoga to Skyline trail route to Indian Rock. Then back down. I ate my lunch at Indian Rock finishing about 1530. Since it would be dark before I got back to the car, I called Lou to let her know I’d be late. It was a 10 mile hike with about 2411 feet of climb. The way up was pretty steep in places. Ham and cheese sandwich for lunch. Roast beef with corn and baked potatoes for dinner.

The hike track on left. Walden Pond in Sanborn Park by the hostel.

Nice redwood grove along the trail. Some rock climbers at Indian Rocks near the top.

A tree that fell brought , what looks like  flagstone patio up with it. On right nice trail through the woods.

Another view of Walden Pond.


No comments:

Post a Comment