Saturday, March 10, 2007

On The Way

This morning, we went over to the "airport" (Gunn High School), to fly our RC planes. There were a bunch of dogs with owners on the soccer fields, our usual spot,so we went over to the footfall stadium to fly. It's a bit tighter but the goal posts give us something to aim at. Lou and I did a little gardening but mostly took it easy today. 

Tomorrow, we're making another attempt to take the train to Reno. 

This afternoon, when I tried to check email on my laptop, it was dead. The power supply seems to be dead. It's a good thing the 3 year warrantee is still good until the 29th of this month. I'll have to get it into the shop when I return. Good thing is, Comp-USA has opened their store in East Palo Alto which is a lot closer than Burlingame or San Jose, the other locations. 

Friday will be a geek day. I'm headed off to a seminar at Adobe in San Francisco on their new Apollo software, a product that allows a web application to work without a web connection. It sounds interesting, and I certainly have the time. 

What a time to have daylight savings time swing into gear. We have a train to catch early so the clocks are already set for tomorrows time. I hope the train crew gets it straight as well. Is it true the only real reason for the change, especially the recent change to being three weeks earlier, is for commercial reasons, so they can sell more candy, etc. There has never been any benefit for the supposed reason of saving energy. Many people do like a little more sunlight in the afternoon when they get home from work. I just wish they'd quit playing with the clocks and just change the work and store hours as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment