Saturday, March 3, 2007

Sunny Day

Today was rummage sale day for Lou and Dawn. I was lounging around when I got an urgent call from Lou. They had some tools that looked good to her and I should come down to see them. I went but anything of interest was gone by then. Thank goodness. We don't need more stuff really.

I was now awake and alert when I got home, not what I intended for my morning. I had been up last night upgrading a website and intended to relax this morning. Not to be.

The sun was shining and it was a beautiful day. I got my morning tea and was in the backyard looking around and enjoying the sun. There are several projects calling, loudly. A water line broke several weeks ago and all the faucets in the back yard have been turned off. I've been waiting for the ground to dry out. It has, so I started digging along the pipe path near what was the wet spot. A PVC "tee" broke and, after the water in the trench drys, I'll fix that. Along with that, I'll relocate the sprinklers valves that, due to some plant changes are now more exposed than needed.

As long as I had the shovel in hand, I went over to the arbor. I dug out and exposed the pipes and conduits that went to the old arbor. they need to be relocated a bit for the new arbor. I'm also going to move the sprinkler valves that are there as well and reconfigure the conduits. All this in preparation to place the deck under the arbor.

Just before this most recent storm, I exposed the water main valve at the front of the house. The handle is broken and can't be replaced. It needs to be relocated above ground level so it won't fail again. This will involve a lot of repiping to get the valve up.

Lou and Dawn also went to a big flea market at De Anza College in Cupertino. They were there all afternoon and came back complaining that it was too commercial and few day sellers.

The final thing was a trip to the hardware store to get all the "stuff" to do these projects.

So, my day was never what I intended but I did get started on these projects. Now to stay in gear tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment