Monday, October 1, 2007

The Big Top Show

San Jose Fumigation San Jose Fumigation
Sunday: I came down to San Jose Sunday evening to get the parking spot in front of the house there. Dawn's apartment is emptied and ready but the front tenants are still busy remove stuff. More than they needed to remove but I understand the desire to be overly cautious.

Monday: I got up and went over to San Jose State University (SJSU), two blocks away, to have breakfast. It was reasonably priced and well prepared, cooked to order. It even tasted good. Quite different than I remember at school food services in the past. It was also quick. I was back to the house in a little over a half hour. The fumigation crew was coming but who knows when. As it turns out, the tenant was finally out at 1:35 and they showed up at 1:40. Good timing! They had the house covered and fumed in less than 2 hours and were gone.

Lou and Dawn were down early. Dawn had some meetings and a class this evening. One of the meetings was with the City of San Jose regarding another internship there. She'll be cataloging all the historically significant houses for them. That sounds like fun.

Tuesday: Not much happening today. Lou had her doll class. Dawn had some meetings at SJSU and I hung around the house. We were surprised when the tent crew arrived just before noon to remove the tent. Again, they removed and wrapped up the three tarps, each about 60x100 feet, and had their lunch, in  two hours. I did manage to saw through the base of the orange three that I removed. While I was at that task, I noticed a dead mouse that made it out of the house but not out of the tent. Poor guy.

Wednesday:   Lou and I went over to SJSU for breakfast. Just after breakfast, 08:30, I got a call from the fumigation company saying they were at the house. I met the tech there and he went through the house with a sniffer and cleared the house for entry. Lou and I setup our fans to vent some more, just in case. About 3:30, the gas company arrived to reconnect the gas. Now all ready for occupancy. Lou returned home in the car and I remained for another night to guard until the front tenants return tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment