Thursday, September 8, 2011

Laird Hot Springs Campground

Cassiar Highway North Of Jade City Kathie's Kitchen In Walson Lake
Thursday: (09/08) We arose early and headed on to Watson Lake. We had breakfast at Kathie's Kitchen. i had pancakes with bacon and home fried potatoes. Lou had ham and eggs.

Sign Forest In Watson Lake
I inspected the sign forest while Lou looked around town. I noticed a couple of men removing signs. They said than when the signs are up readable or dangerous, they remove them. They filled their pickup with a load of faded wooden signs.

Our Old Sign At Watson lake Our new Sign At Watson Lake
When I checked ours the permanent marker lettering was almost faded away over the past 2 1/2 months so I made a new one that I engraved with my soldering iron. Hopefully it will now pass muster for a few years.

Alcan Highway Cassiar Junction To Watson Lake Buffalo
We continued on stopping at an overlook for lunch and my afternoon nap. We had a nice view of the Laird River below and enjoyed chili sizes for lunch. We started seeing uffalo along highway.

Laird Hot Springs Campsite Laird Hot Springs
We stopped for the night at the Laird Hot Springs Campground. We enjoyed a very long soak in the pools. Dinner was leftover Shepard's Pie. We didn't make it far today but did enjoy our soak.
(GPS:59.4258646,-126.10528564)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment