Thursday, January 5, 2012

San Francisco Walk-about

Thursday: (01/05) Breakfast was half of one of Dawn's homemade buns toasted with honey. They aren't small buns so I didn't starve. They are much like the hot buns that the Golden Corral Buffet serves except three times bigger. I was off on the train to San Francisco for a walk-about.


House Boats In China Basin Interesting Plant In China Basin
I started my walk at China Basin. There is a small marina there with house boats. It seems like a wonderful place to live. There was a park by the marina. I especially liked the plant on the right above. I've never seen it before. Next time maybe I'll snip a start.

Mission Delores Park With City View
I continued through Mission Bay, the Mission District, and through Noe Valley. Then I walked North on Church Street. Just a short ways brought me to Mission Delores Park with it's great view of the city skyline. I enjoyed listening to a couple of people playing their violin and banjo. They played mostly bluegrass and played well. There were also some dogs playing frisbee. The sun was out and it was perfect weather to relax in the sun.

Chili Pie Restaurant Chili Pie Restaurant
As I approached 15th Street on Church Street I spotted a simple sign across the street that said "Pie". I had to cross the street to see what they were like.

Chili Pie Restaurant Menu Green Chili Port Tamale Hand Pie
They had both savory and sweet pies. I chose a green chili pork tamale hand pie for my lunch. I'll have to return sometime to try something like their green chili apple pie latter. With chilies here and there it's no wonder the name of the place is The Chili Pie Shop.

 Broadway Dim Sum Restaurant
I continued to Haight Street which I recognized right away due to the aroma in the air. Incense and marijuana. I decided to relax a bit and caught a bus over to the Marina Area to Chestnut Street. After looking around there I caught the bus again to North Beach and China Town where I got a snack of some dim sum. Then I caught the train home.  When I got home Lou had prepared ham and beans and they went well with more of Dawn's buns.

Lou had a dentist appointment in the morning, did some shopping and enjoyed some time working on her dolls today.

I did, finally get a few recent photos up on the blog. Check these posts to see them: Between Holidays, RV Repairs, and Chorizo Week.


No comments:

Post a Comment